Simply put, when you cannot work you cannot pay your bills. We offer grants that provide financial and emotional assistance; CCF is one of the only organizations in Connecticut to provide this type of support. Many cancer patients and their families are suddenly confronted with insurmountable bills at a time when focusing on healing is critical to their recovery. Many are faced with losing their homes, losing their light, heat and power, or making an impossible choice between feeding their children or paying for medication and/or proceeding with treatment.
A charitable gift of financial support to cancer patients and their families can quickly and compassionately remove some of the stress and worry to help patients fight back against their illness. We give those affected by cancer a sense of hope, courage and community.
How to Apply For Financial Assistance:
Oncology social workers at our partnering Connecticut hospitals and cancer centers assist cancer patients being treated at their respective facility with a simple application process.
- Cancer patient must be in active treatment.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter of support from an Oncology Social Worker verifying patient diagnosis and financial need.
- Applications for assistance are reviewed and carefully considered by the CCF Executive Director
- Each request is evaluated based on pre-established criteria and guidelines including patient need and availability of funds.
- Except in unusual circumstances, grants are awarded directly to the patient.
- Once a completed application and necessary documentation is received, a grant is often delivered within days.
- Smilow Cancer Center patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at Smilow.
- Hartford Hospital patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at Hartford Hospital.
- L+M Hospital patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at L+M Hospital.
Many of us do not consider the immediate and overwhelming financial consequences that can result from a diagnosis of cancer. Yet countless patients in the U.S. are suddenly confronted with insurmountable bills at an already difficult and stressful time.
We are grateful for our new partnership with Pink Aid of Westport, CT making it possible to increase our financial support to breast cancer patients in need.
By providing cancer patients in need with direct financial assistance, CCF is able to quickly and compassionately ease their financial burden. It is our belief that even small gestures of support can be the jumpstart a patient needs to fight back against their illness. SOMEONE CARES!